The Joint Council of Queensland Teachers’ Associations Inc is a peak body for Queensland education professional associations, state based and national associations based in Queensland, providing a common voice on educational matters in the interests of teachers. JCQTA promotes collaboration between member associations and aims to grow our community whose interests are across preschool, primary, secondary, vocational and tertiary sectors.
The Joint Council continues to be an important distribution point for information impacting on its members both from a state and national level.
National and State memberships, links and connections
- The Australian Joint Council of Professional Teacher Associations. (AJCPTA)
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (formerly Teaching Australia)
- The National Education Forum
- The Queensland Consortium for Professional Experiences in Pre-service Teacher Education
- Department of Education, Training and the Arts PD Reference group
- Department of Education, Training and the Arts - Professional Development and Leadership Institute Advisory Board
All JCQTA members are entitled to...
- Join the email list for communication across associations; -advertising events, sharing information and partnership requests;
- Send a representative to monthly JCQTA Executive meetings;
- Attend the annual association forum;
- Take part in education authority consultations representing JCQTA and their association;
- Access information and documents on the JCQTA web site. http://www.jcqta.qld.edu.au
- Link to the JCQTA website and advertise events, seminars and conferences
- Be a member of a wider network of Professional Associations and benefit from sharing information, project ideas and developing partnerships.
- Keep up to date with latest local, state and national issues, funding, workshops, conferences and projects.
- Enhance the professional learning opportunities and networks of your association's members.
Caroline Brooks JCQTA President